This is all that’s left of the Sand Springs Pony Express Station. Built in 1860 it served through most of the Pony Express’ brief but colorful run. This station was used by the transcontinental telegraph, and Wells Fargo until about 1900. Covered by sand and forgotten in the desert, it was rediscovered and cleared in 1975. Another interesting piece of Nevada history.